Our Simulcast feature has some great new features and changes to its interface! Here is a quick overview to those changes:
Built-in Audio and Video
The big new feature in our Simulcast is the addition of audio and video so all participants can talk and see each other right from within their browser - no third-party software needed!
This new Audio and Video functionality includes:
- AUDIO: When participants (including the host) join the Simulcast, Audio is automatically enabled so everyone can talk to each other using HD audio.
- PRESENTER VIDEO: The host can turn on their camera and add their video stream to the presentation "stage" so they become part of the presentation.
- PARTICIPANT VIDEO: The host can also allow all participants to turn on their cameras (each participant chooses whether to turn their camera on or not).
When the host enables their video camera, they appear on the presentation itself. The host can adjust their video in many ways:
- SIZE: Click on one of the three circles below your video to set the size (small, medium or large)
- LOCATION: Drag your video anywhere on the slide or click on one of the four blue arrows to put yourself in a corner of the slide.
- TRANSPARENCY: Drag the blue circle around your video to adjust the transparency of your video.
- SHAPE: Click on the three dots to switch your video shape between a circle and a square.
New User Interface Elements
We've cleaned up the Simulcast interface so all Simulcasts can be started from the Simulcasts tab in Engage. You can choose from a New or a Scheduled simulcast which is indicated by a green and a blue box respectively, similar to the image below.
New Simulcast: Immediately starts a Simulcast using the User's personal Simulcast URL. This URL always remains the same for each User so they can easily share it and start a Simulcast instantly.
Schedule: This lets the User create a Scheduled Simulcast that has the following unique attributes:
- CO-HOSTS: Users can invite Co-Hosts/Co-Presenters to their Simulcast by using the Add Participants option when creating a Scheduled Simulcast.
- ONE-TIME URLs: Each Scheduled Simulcast uses a unique, one-time URL to ensure that participants from different scheduled Simulcasts don't accidentally join.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule a full demonstration of this new functionality, email Customer Success or email@example.com.
For a complete walk-through of new Simulcast functionality, view the full Simulcast Help Post here: https://www.zoomifier.com/?p=1349