Zoomifier now lets you record your Simulcast sessions with a single click! Record your Simulcast Sessions to:
- Share meeting recordings as a follow-up to both attendees and those who couldn't attend
- Create personalized presentation recordings with your video and narration built right in
- Review meetings for training or compliance
Simulcast Recording lets you record your Simulcast sessions, including your presentation, your video, and your participants audio and video, all right in your Chrome Browser. The recorded videos can then be downloaded and converted into mp4 files to upload into you Zoomifier account for training or review purposes.
To record a simulcast session, you will first need to install the Chrome Extension from the Chrome Web Store. To install the extension, click on the link below while using the Chrome Browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zoomifier-productivity-su/dhlnokkonilepdbcdpkdoacmgomhlomd/related?hl=en-US
The link takes you directly to the Zoomifier Productivity Suite page in the Chrome Web Store:
Click on Add to Chrome and confirm that you want to Add Extension.
Once installed, you'll find the extension by clicking on the "puzzle piece" icon in the top right of your Chrome Browser:
TIP: As a best practice, we recommend that you Pin the Zoomifier Recording Extension so the icon is readily available when you want to start recording. Once the Zoomifier Recording extension is pinned, the Zoomifier icon will appear in your Extensions Bar in Chrome.
The Zoomifier Recording extension becomes active only when you begin a Simulcast Session.
The process for enabling Simulcast Recording is:
- Login to engage.zoomifier.com and begin a New or Scheduled Simulcast
- The Simulcast Recording icon in the extension panel is now available, represented by lightning up along with a red "REC" caption, as in the image below.
3. Once you click on the REC icon, the screen-recording begins, along with the time of the recording, as in the image below.
The screen-recording captures all audio during the simulcast, which includes the hosts' audio and participants' audio.
The screen-recording captures only the video in the specific simulcast tab. This includes the hosts' video and if the host has Allowed Participant video, it captures the participants' video as well.
4. To stop screen-recording, you have to re-click on the recording icon. This leads you to a new window, which has the following options:
- You can play it on the chrome browser itself since the screen recording is permanently saved in the browser cache
- Or, you can download it, which will be in a WEBM format
5. The WEBM format can be converted into an mp4 format through any online converter.
6. Once the screen recording is converted, you can upload it as a video file into your zoomifier account.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-255-5303.