Administrator Configuration Guide
1. Document Introduction
- This document helps the end user to understand how the SPF based Email Settings can be configured from the Zoomifier Admin Portal.
2. Intended Audience
- This document will help the IT teams in organizations using Zoomifier Software understand how the SPF based Email Settings can be configured from the Zoomifier Admin Portal.
3. Configuration Steps
- Log in to Zoomifier Admin Interface as Administrator
- Navigate to Settings Bots / Email. There will be a section for “Tenant’s SPF Record Settings“. Select the section by clicking the option button.
- The user needs to provide the appropriate configurations under this section to setup Email Settings based on SPF records.
- Please note the initial status before starting the configuration is “SPF not initialized”.
- Enter your Client Domain Name under the “Client Domain” Textbox and System Email Account Name under the “System Email Account” Textbox and clicks “Save”.
- The status changes to “Waiting for SPF Record Info” and the Verification Record: Domain value will auto-populate to “_amazonses.<Client Domain>”
- Contact your Customer Success Manager or email Zoomifier support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform them that your initial setup of SPF based Email Settings (Providing the Client Domain and System Email Account Information) is complete.
- Zoomifier will process your request and then provide the Verification Record Value.
- When Zoomifier Technical team provides the Verification Record value the status will change to “Waiting for Client SPF Update”.
- Your Customer Success Manager or Zoomifier support team will inform you about the update of Verification Record Value in Zoomifier via Email.
- Client Administrator will login to Zoomifier Admin Interface and provide the following information from the “Tenant’s SPF Record Settings” in Zoomifier to their IT team to update their DNS
- Verification Record: Domain
- Verification Record: Value
- Amazon SPF Record
- The update to the Client DNS records will include:
- Add “include amazonses.[client domain]” to the client SPF record
- Create a new text record “host = amazonses.[client domain]”
- Add the unique key string provided to the new text record
- After the update is done on the Client DNS contact your Customer Success Manager or email Zoomifier support (email@example.com) and inform them that the DNS settings are updated.
- Zoomifier Technical team will verify the changes in Amazon SES records click the “Mark as SPF Verified” checkbox in case of successful verification and click on save. The status changes to “Verified’.
- In case of error in any step of configuration the status value will change to “Error” showing the appropriate error message.
- In case of error please contact your Customer Success Manager or email Zoomifier support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- On successfully setup emails can be sent from Zoomifier system.